Botanical name: Dichondra repens parvulus
Common name: Dichondra Tiny
Dichondra Tiny is a captivating plant that showcases small, dark green leaves which only grows to 10mm in height! Handling light to medium traffic makes it perfect to put between paving stones or for use as an instant lawn alternative that you don’t have to mow!
Beyond its aesthetic appeal, Dichondra Tiny is great for low-maintenance gardens, thriving in both sunlit and partially shaded environments. Its compact size and trailing habit make it an excellent choice for hanging baskets, cascading effortlessly over the edges, and creating a lush curtain of verdant foliage.
Whether adorning garden beds or paths, Dichondra Tiny adds a touch of whimsy and is the perfect landscaping idea for small backyards. Its versatility and petite stature make it an ideal companion for succulents, flowering plants, or as a standalone accent.
Using Dichondra Tiny in Plant Tiles provides instant ground cover for your garden makeover.
- Full sun, dappled shade
- Hardy ground cover for a light to moderate traffic area
- Grows to 10mm in height
- Has tiny, deep, dark green leaves that cascade over the side of a decorative pot
- Frost hardy
- Low maintenance lawn alternative for a no mow lawn
- Looks stunning between pavers softening the hardscape
- Perfect for green roofs or roof top gardens as it is low maintenance
- Use in garden beds as an alternative living mulch as a back drop to highlight your feature plants.